Nursultan Nazarbayev takes part in a festive concert on Independence Day
As part of the event, the Leader of Nation congratulated Kazakhstan’s nation on Independence Day.
- On December 16, 1991, we adopted a special law and announced to the whole world that Kazakhstan is now an independent state. Together we became the founders and witnesses of the beginning of our statehood’s new era. I am proud that it is my generation’s great honour to fulfil the centuries-old aspirations of our ancestors, said the First President of Kazakhstan.
Nursultan Nazarbayev emphasized that for 28 years Kazakhstan has made the way, and that took centuries for other states.
- We have built a strong, independent and prosperous state owing to the national cohesion. Throughout this path, I felt the immense support of each citizen of Kazakhstan. And today I address the words of my gratitude to each of you, said the Leader of Nation.
The First President of Kazakhstan spoke about the country’s achievements over the years of its independence.
- Over the years of independence, we have built an open market economy. Kazakhstan is the absolute leader in the Central Asian region in attracting investment in terms of economy. We have unlocked our geopolitical potential by creating a transport corridor connecting the East and West of the continent, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Leader of Nation emphasized that the will, faith and responsibility for the fate of the state united our nation.
- Independence is the wings of the people. Not every nation is given this priceless gift. And, even after receiving it, not everyone can use it successfully. In 1991, we broke the bonds that bind our wings, flying independently, said the First President of Kazakhstan.
Nursultan Nazarbayev separately addressed the young generation.
- There are all the conditions established for your good life. Therefore, strive forward and soar to new heights. The most important thing, take care of unity, peace and harmony in our country. After all, all these are achievements of our independence and a guarantor of our further development, the Leader of Nation said.
The First President of Kazakhstan has admitted that he is proud that he had the honour of working for thirty years for the good of the nation’s bright future.
- It is important to increase what our state has achieved over the years of independence. Therefore, we all should rally around President-elect Kassym-Jomart Tokayev. After all, our goals and ideas are the same, i.e. strengthening the independence of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
In conclusion, the Leader of Nation once again congratulated everyone on the Independence Day.