Security Council meeting chaired by the First President of Kazakhstan
The situation in Kordai district of Zhambyl region and issues of ensuring biological safety and countering the spread of coronavirus were addressed during the meeting.
Opening the meeting, Nursultan Nazarbayev expressed his condolences to the families of those who died as a result of the events in Kordai region and wished a speedy recovery to all the victims.
- The current situation worries me much. Together with our people, we have gone through considerable difficulties over these 30 years. Young people cannot even imagine these problems. In Kazakhstan, 130 enterprises suspended their activities, 2.5 million people were left without work and without earnings, there was no heat in their homes and there was a shortage of food. We were all together, said Elbasy.
The Chairman of the Security Council recalled that Kazakhstan experienced great difficulties in the social and economic spheres after gaining independence.
- If we could not unite our multinational people and ensure stability, today foreign investments would not come to our country, the economy would not work. Of course, the relevant tasks have been set for the state leaders, but maintaining peace and harmony is, first, the responsibility of our people, said Nursultan Nazarbayev.
However, Elbasy instructed to carefully analyse the causes and punish the perpetrators in accordance with the Law.
- This problem should concern the older generation. My goal, as the Leader of the Nation, lies in raising Kazakhstan to such a level that the future generation will be proud of. The mission of the older generation is to make it clear to people that our common goal is to maintain an independent, developed and stable state, said the President of the Security Council.
Elbasy noted that at present, on the instructions of President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, the Government and the regional akimat are taking measures to restore normal life in the affected settlements.
Special attention was also paid to the quality of work of the local executive and law enforcement bodies, the Assembly of the People of Kazakhstan and its regional branches.
- The Assembly and its regional offices should be proactive and keep such situations under control. This is our common task, said the First President of Kazakhstan.
The akim of Zhambyl region Berdibek Saparbayev, Minister of Internal Affairs Erlan Turgumbayev presented their detailed reports at the meeting.
As part of discussing the first issue, the central state and local executive bodies were instructed to further implement programs aimed at solving socio-economic problems in the regions of the country, including in the areas of employment and infrastructure development, as well as reconstruction and construction of social facilities.
Minister of Health Yelzhan Birtanov spoke on the second issue on the agenda.
The Chairman of the Security Council noted that the situation concerning the coronavirus could negatively affect both the economies of China and Kazakhstan.
- We should not sit idle. You need to be prepared for everything, to ensure the supply of medicines and other necessary resources. This issue should be monitored. In such cases, we should have countermeasures, including preventing the negative influence of an external factor on the national economy, said Nursultan Nazarbayev.